Automatic Recognition of Sign Language
- To build a progressively large dataset for Spanish SL and annotation tools
- To design and develop autmatic sign recognition algorithms
- To serve of meeting point of stakeholders by organizing public events and disseminate the research results of the project.
Some dissemination results accessible in the Youtube channel:
- Project Description in Social Networks (spanish, galician and LSE).
- Presentations in different fora (spanish, english)
- Explanations of the web application created to recognize signs and cooperate with the project: Application SignaMed
Acoustics and Sound processing
- Marine Acoustics
We work on biometrics-based recognition of people with emphasis on Internet applications. The main issues addressed by our research are:
- Robustness of monomodal biometric systems (speaker and face recogntion).
- Multimodal biometric systems.
We work on:
- Text-to-speech conversion
- Speech recognition
- Database collection